Remember, strong direct light produces that magic holographic effect. Soft indirect light and the nail colour and holographic effect will be soft and minimal. This is desired, expected and part of the magic of holographics.
a. Apply a Base Coat and cure for 45 seconds under an LED/UV manicure lamp.
Be sure to coat the very tips of your nails too. This will prevent the polish from peeling
b. Apply a coat of Gel polish Colour, then cure for 45 seconds.
TIP: Ensure to coat the tips of your nails too to avoid peeling
OPTION: Apply a second coat, for deeper colour effect, and cure for 30 seconds only
DIFFERENT EFFECTS: are achieved with different colours, black being the most popular
c. Use the sponge end of the eye shadow applicator to tap on the glitter powder and stroke it onto the nail
d. Gently clean the nail surface with the brush end to remove excess powder
e. Apply No-Wipe Top Coat and cure for 45 seconds
1. Apply a layers of base coat. Cure under lamp for 30 seconds.
2. Apply a layer of your favourite Gel colour and cure for 60 seconds.
3. Apply a layer of MidnightMuse No-Wipe Top Coat. Cure for 30 seconds.
4. Apply a small amount of chrome powder on the nail with sponge (brush-end will give a different effect which may also be desirable).
5. Gently buff on holographic powder with sponge until desire cover and effect is achieved.
6. Gently remove excess powder with a dry brush or gentle tap to the finger.
7. Apply a thin layer of Gel No-Wipe top coat, ensure to seal free edge and sides (to prevent from peeling) and cure for 45secs.
Effects greatly vary by using different base colours, different applicators (brush, sponge, silicon glove) and Top Coat Gels prior to powder.
AND holographic nails will look different depending on the lighting sources. They are most intense in direct light or strong LED lighting (weaker under fluorescent)